Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Selling at conventions...good or bad?

Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,077
With Wizard World coming to New Orleans next week it kicks off convention time. I usually attend several conventions around the country every year and I notice many booths selling Lego. Most are just the knock off minifigs but there are usually several booths that mainly just sell Lego. Is there anyone here that sets up at these type of shows? Is it worth it?

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,962
    edited January 1
    It's certainly worth it to the Lego businesses that go from show to show selling their wares to the convention goers. Remember that all these folks have to pay to be a vendor. I'm not sure what those fee rates are. 

I was at Brickfair, Va last year and they had a short time period where convention displayers could sell Lego items to other displayers. I think it was called "the garage sale" and was not during general public hours. You did have to sign up and be assigned a table to sell. I brought about a dozen sets and sold most of them which helped finance the trip.
    Thanos75
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 465
    My only experience was seeing Wildcard Toys set up booths at Brickfest Live I went to a few months back.  Section was packed, had to wait in line to even look at the minifig section.  
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,077
    I have a chance to set up at Wizard World. I think I will do more scouting this year before jumping in. 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,962
    As a vendor? Any idea what they charge?
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,077
    Yes....as a vendor. I have some good connections at Wizard going back to my comic book selling days. I haven't been given a price other than they could "hook me up"....lol. I'm just not sure it would be worth it. I have had really good luck selling to dealers there. Last year I went with a backpack full of polybags and it paid for my whole weekend. Maybe it would be better to just sell to the dealers.