Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What to do with my super organized 105lb Lego lot

MastasheoMastasheo COMember Posts: 1
edited January 1 in Buying & Selling Topics

Sorry for the photo bomb! Ok so I went Lego crazy about three years ago and sorted out all of my legos into color AND THEN by part. I originally was planing to build a massive midevil town/castle like the ones at conventions. So I lost interest and time in that great dream and deciding what I should do with all these Legos. I’ve thought about finding the parts and Minifigures for most of the instructions and then selling throught ebay (I have a good bit of Ebay selling experience). But that’s a huge project that will take years to sell off. And I would rather spend all that time playing guitar then building Lego sets. I’m currently unemployed and could spend my days getting them ready for Ebay bidding but that really doesn’t seem like it will be profitable in the end unless you really enjoyed the time you spent. So how do you guys think I should deal with this lot? Maybe do the big sets and sell the Minifigures for any set that would sell for under $20? I would like to sell it as a lot with all the instructions but don’t really know what to ask for all of it. It would also probably be pretty hard to find a buy for the lot. It’s 105.6 pounds in all. numbers below are in pounds

17.4 light grey

15.9 dark grey 

11 Black 

12.1 white

6 red

5.5 tan 

3.2 yellow 

4.7 blue

1.1 orange

3.2 green 

1.1 Purple/pink

7.3 Brown

3.6 Technic

8.2 misc items wheels/windows ect

5.3 Minifigures and Minifigures items

Comments

• tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 376
    Yeah this kinda stuff is really awkward to handle. 

You're bound to get money and have a much easier shipping proccess if you split it up - doing so by things of about $15-20 or above probably isnt a bad idea! Or with smaller sets combine them into lots of 2-3 that are themed together

Trying to sell this as one big lot is probably more hassle than needed, and if you decide to split it up slightly more individually, Im always open to buy!.
  • mithridatemithridate HawaiiMember Posts: 28
    I imagine some of those sets / minifigs may be worth a fair amount on their own. Perhaps worth a bit of research to see if it may be worth separating out a few, and bulk selling the rest?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,962
    Put it on Craigslist for $500.00 and see if there is a local Bricklink parts seller that is interested. Be prepared to take around $300 once all is said and done. There is a market for Lego but it's now a buyers market. If you create 100% complete sets, you will make a little more but that will take a fair amount of time. Incomplete used sets are are just parts to sell by the pound. Good Luck! 
    CCC77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 2,054
    ecmo47 said:
    Put it on Craigslist for $500.00 and see if there is a local Bricklink parts seller that is interested. Be prepared to take around $300 once all is said and done. There is a market for Lego but it's now a buyers market. If you create 100% complete sets, you will make a little more but that will take a fair amount of time. Incomplete used sets are are just parts to sell by the pound. Good Luck! 
    This is the most expeditious way of selling it.
    Time is money but if you have a lot of it and don't mind dealing with some completed sets selling and some not selling (and holding onto them), then by all means...

• readersamreadersam USAMember Posts: 50
    Are they mostly Star Wars sets or do you have others as well?
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 40
    You could also try to contact some BL stores in your region. Maybe they would be interested in presorted parts. 
  • alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 213
    Once again....you can maximize revenue, maximize lack of time spent dealing with it, maximize the the velocity of a sale. Pick any two, the third will be determined for you.

Were it me - based on what you said - I'd put it on CL for $400 and be willing to take $300.
    SprinkleOtter