Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Revisiting Lego after kids have grown

DianneDianne VulcanMember Posts: 11
Hello everyone.  I am building a lego town for my grandson focussing on a section of Space Lego, Castle Lego and Town Lego.  I would like to learn from other people’s experience and I hope I have something to offer too.  
BumblepantsGeordiePaulMegtheCat

Comments

• M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 140
    Good luck with it!  THat sounds like just an awesome project.  I like building in town as it allows you to incorporate so much from classic themes as well as current city/friends, etc.  Looking forward to learning from your experience as our grandkids are small enough yet that we’re just introducing them to duplo.  I hope I’m giving them a lifelong hobby they can enjoy.  
  • DianneDianne VulcanMember Posts: 11
    My grandson is almost three.  For Christmas, I gave him the Batcave Duplo Lego.  I am happy to say it was his favourite Christmas Present.  Here is my idea for my Lego creation. I am going to build a lego display with the present, past and future idea with a time portal that transports the minifig to a dinosaur area, midevil area, a city area for the current time and a furture time which I will use the space Lego. I know this sounds quite ambitious but I have time and tons of Lego. I am hoping this forum will be able to help with ideas. 
    Lego__MinonMaffyDsnowhitiestluxcatwrangler
  • Lego__MinonLego__Minon EnglandMember Posts: 46
    That sounds like a fantastic idea, can you be my grandma too. :D
    Diannedmcc0
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 140
    Wow, that should be an incredible display to see pics along the way!  Very ambitious idea, I look forward to seeing how it might all turn out!
    Dianne
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,937
    Hi Dianne! Welcome to Brickset forums! That's a great plan you've got there. My first thought would be to mark out how much space you will give to each of the 'time zones' you want to create, along with how they are connected (will the portal be at one end, in the middle, or somewhere else?) Once you've got that, think about what you will place in each zone - castles, a village (and maybe a dragon?) in medieval times, suburbs, ships and the inevitable police station in the modern town, and a space port, science laboratory and lots of vehicles and ships in space.

Good luck!
    Diannesnowhitiebandit778stlux
    Thanks MaffyD, those are great ideas. I plan to build the Time Portal in the middle.  I have the Hogwarts Castle that will also be in my display, not sure yet how that will work in my past, present and future idea. I will take photos along the journey.   Thanks everyone for such kind support. 
    MaffyD
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,070
    Sounds like a grand idea. Good luck and welcome to the forums. Look forward to see what you come up with.
    Thanks Snowhitie.  I will post photos when I figure out how to do that.