Happy Friday morning! It's time for the amazing weekly Brickset bonus ball free stuff giveaway thing!
You know how this works... well, forget that, 'cos this one's a bit different!
This time it's your
turn to get creative, so instead of me coming up with a single awesome-sauce question, you're going to do all the hard work by each writing a micro-chapter of an amazingly exciting story!But what's this story going to be about?
Well, that's the amazing thing about this experiment: YOU
get to decide what direction the story heads in next. I will start the story off, but it's up to you to continue it to the end!Rules:
- Your comment must continue telling the story, carrying on from the last poster's micro-chapter. Try and make it good! Be as ridiculous or as sensible as you want.
- There is no minimum or maximum length of each micro-chapter.
- Do not number your micro-chapter or include any other non-story text (save that for the end!)
- Story does not necessarily have to be sausage themed.
- Read the entire story before you write your bit. You may get bonus points for including relevant back-references and maintaining continuity :)
- Please keep it clean (suitable for ages 16+) and avoid libellous comments.
- Don't rush! Please put some effort in, and maybe we can share the inevitable Pulitzer Prize? This is art and I am your sculptor.
- If you know you're going to be posting the 59th response, then please try and give the story an (amazing) ending.
- Do not end the story prematurely!
Failure to adhere to the rules will result in me sending the lads round.Pro-tip:
Refresh the page before you post your micro-chapter to make sure someone else hasn't already continued the story before you - hopefully that will reduce the amount of confusing cross-posting, and result in a story that makes at least a little bit of sense.
As usual, the first 59 micro-chapters will get a number. If your number is drawn as the Bonus Ball in this weekend's UK lottery then you'll be the winner of my amazing
Your definition of amazing may differ from mine.
You have a 1 in 59 chance of winning, but as always, it's the taking part that matters! These bonus ball thingies can only take place if someone volunteers to give stuff away and ship it (potentially internationally) for free. So please inbox @snowhitie
if you would like to volunteer your services for a future draw.
Oh yeah, I suppose I'd better start off with the first micro-chapter! Here we go then:
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. The alarm clock was relentless. @paul_merton
opened his bleary eyes and slapped the snooze button with haste. He had barely slept due to the recurrent nightmares about that time he once reviewed a Lepin Super Star Destroyer on a very popular Lego website. Nine minutes later, the alarm went off again, and he suddenly remembered that today was an incredibly important day.