Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Found old Legoland Times (1993)

MrBrickALotMrBrickALot SwedenMember Posts: 19
I was going through my old Lego folder I had as a child. It holds some of my very first Lego manuals with which I will never part. There was also some stuff though of which I'm thinking others might be more interested. Especially this Legoland Times from 1993 (when I visited Billund with my parents) when the park celebrated 25 years. It is in good condition and I can't really find anything about the collectability of this sort of thing online. What do you think, is there any value to such an item?

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 953
    It certainly looks like it could hold some value. I've never even heard of anything like this though.
  • BrickadierGeneralBrickadierGeneral PennsylvaniaMember Posts: 10
    I collect LEGO ephemera and sent you a message about this. I have a friend in California who sent me a bunch of LEGOLAND material to scan, and this was among the literature. I didn't know these were given out at LEGOLAND Billund. Placing a value on LEGO ephemera, especially harder to find items can be difficult. I sometimes think there are not very many of us LEGO ephemera collectors out there. That being said, I do a lot of my shopping on eBay and have won several more common and harder-to-find items, so I do have some experience in this area. If this were up for auction on eBay, I would expect to pay around $20 USD for it.

If these were given out at Billund, I would assume they were handed throughout the year (just a guess).

When you go older (like the 1960s), things can get a bit more heated. In the message I sent you, I referenced a 1963 U.S. LEGO club magazine that sold for over $300 USD. I thought my highest bid was pretty high....but it wasn't high enough! 

I would definitely be interested in seeing the other stuff you might have!
    Fizyxrd1899