Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Adult LEGO costumes for sale - home made

colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 67
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum area, wasn't sure where to put it!

Every year I go to the 80s Rewind Festival down south and make a costume, every year. A few years ago I made 4 Lego outfits for me, my partner and two friends. Our friends didn't treat theirs well (red and orange) after the festival and have been destroyed by cats, an extension and then a house move.

Mine Ive kept, as I put so much time and effort into them, but, since only using them twice since I made them, are now taking up space I need in the garage. They cost me about £60 each to make, plus about 6 weeks prep and craft time (obviously working during the week)

The head sits nicely on the body shoulders and is the last thing to put on, and you look out of the mouth, which is cut out.
The legs hand via cable ties to a belt that you'd wear
You could buy a long sleeve top to match the colours, but we all wore £3 white tops from Store 21 to give uniform white arms

I'm loathed to destroy them as I really like them, so thought I'd see if anyone here would like to make me an offer or would be interested in utilising them in some way?

They got lots of interest and kids love them (as well as a few adults) :)

The good:
Fits most adults, (but each design and sizes were based on us four, two male, two female)
Your kids will think you're a hero
Look great
Are based on older MFs

The bad:
Fragile (cardboard and polystyrene)
Legs need a re-glue/tape in places
Not modern MFs
Not easy to see or walk in, you have to go slowly

The ones left are WHITE ad PINK bodies. One MALE and one FEMALE head. 4 legs (so makes two people) and all 8 hands i believe.

I cannot ship they are just too big and for transport a body fits in a body and two legs should fit inside that. The two heads have fit in the back of larger cars, but you'd more than likely need an estate or larger car to collect.

BumblepantsFowlerBrickssnowhitiedrdavewatfordFizyxbricktuarykiki180703GoldchainsMynatt

Comments