Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Discovered a problem: my carousel has yellowed!

Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 230
edited February 22 in Everything else LEGO
I'm currently finally getting around to sorting out the "Lego Room" at my house and in the process had discovered that my other half had "tidied away" the carousel from the Winter Village Market set - unfortunately, the tidying away was actually putting it on a window ledge in our daughters room, hanging a blackout blind for our daughter and then forgetting the carousel was there.

Needless to say the white bricks aren't so white anymore and the material pieces that make up the top of the carousel don't look the best either.

I did do a search on the site but there seemed to be multiple threads and multiple cleaning methods; so colour me confused!

What are the recommendations for cleaning yellowed (but modern) bricks and what would the best method be of cleaning the roof pieces for the carousel?

Any help much appreciated!