Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

2018 Monthly Building Contest - March: GWP

snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,221
edited March 1 in Building and Techniques

I've got the honour to organise another monthly building contest. I love the creator 3 in 1 sets, where you can make different builds with the same bricks, I love MOC'ing, but I also love building from instructions and getting a bang for my buck. There's sites like Rebrickable and apps like BriXtar.

For this contest I'd like to continue in the vein of the recent Brickset/BriXtar one. But this time, I want you to use bricks from a GWP, the gift with purchase. Obviously I'm not aware of any GWP that any shop might have offered at any point, but a good place to start is these 80 sets.

If there are others, feel free to use these too. If there is a polybag in the list that you didn't get as a GWP but used your hard earned cash for, you are still allowed to use it, since it was a GWP for someone else at least.

I'm assuming each of you has at least one GWP, but I know certain people don't like opening theirs, so a digital model is allowed or you are allowed to use your own bricks and make minor colour subsitutions if you don't have a certain brick. However, don't substitute loads because I want to recognise the colours of the original build.

There are poly's with only a couple of pieces, or there are 24 in one builds for Christmas, so I'm sure there must be lots of possibilties there.

Don't be shy in sharing, even if it's your first MOC, this contest is here for fun and to get those creative juices flowing. Also, if your kids want to take part and make one for themselves, feel free to post those too, always great to see what they come up with.

The Rules:

- your model must be built for the contest, not an existing MOC

- only use the pieces from one GWP, extra's are allowed to be incorporated as well

- mention on which GWP it is build

- two photographs per entry only - it helps the thread load better/at all! However feel free to upload any extra images to Flickr etc. that aren't for your entry.

- you can enter as many different models as you like so long as you make a separate post for each

- contest runs till March 31st. I'll announce the winner by October 4th.

The Prize:

A GWP :), I'll try to get you something you don't have, but can't make any promises (don't know how elaborate people's collections are.

Any questions? Anything dubious? PM or leave a message below.

I look very much forward to see what you all come up with.

-- Does it look fun to come up with an idea yourself? Volunteers can speak up here.