Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Parts I'd forgotten I had!

560Heliport560Heliport Minnesota, USAMember Posts: 77
Last night, I decided to build #8781 The Castle of Morcia. It's been disassembled since a few months after I bought it in 2004. It and #8777 Vladek Encounter, #8799 Knight's Castle Wall, #8800 Vladek's Siege Engine, and #8877 Vladek's Dark Fortress have all been stored in 8877's box, in an number of Ziploc bags. I rebuilt 8877 a couple of years ago, but the others have been waiting. So when I dumped out the three bags that held, all mixed up, 8777, 8781, and8799, I saw a bunch of sand blue 1x2 and 2x4 bricks! I must have got them from the PAB wall, and I guessed I had substituted them into the castle to make it more blue. When I finished the castle, I found I had: 1x2 and 2x4 bricks in sand blue, 2x2 bricks and 2x3 plates in dark ("original") green, and 1x2 and 2x10 bricks in grey- as in, "old light grey"! I dumped them into a large PAB cup... and they didn't quite fill it. I wonder what else I must have put in the cup back then. Oh well: bonus LEGO! :)