Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Anyone else check Walmart.ca?

YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
edited April 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Not sure how many Canadian AFOLs are out there... and for that matter I'm not sure how many even use brickset. None the less, I'm sure any Canadian AFOL must have by now tried Walmart.ca. For any of you who've cried over missed deals you're not alone. To those who do not know Walmart has very good Lego deals, sometimes even in Canada. One big problem with the Canadian site though is that no one has a shopping cart. So yes, all one can do is 'add to list' and then print it to waste paper.

Of course Walmart.ca has good deals every now and then, but what can one do about it? I tried checking my local store but I found nothing even suggesting a sale. Funny but the site says it's specific to a local store yet changing one's location doesn't even effect prices. Has anyone else been a victim of online lies posted by Walmart.ca? Perhaps of more interest... has anyone actually managed to find any online deals in store?!

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,051
    edited April 2011
    Fear not, @Ypres - you're not alone. According to the stats on my LEGO blog, I've had more hits from Canada than any other country apart from the U.S. and U.K., so Canada is in third place ! So either there are just one or two Canadians spending most of their waking hours on the site, or else there are others in Canada apart from you with a love of the brick ! I'd guess the latter....
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,283
    @Ypres: wow... I wasn't sure I understood what you were saying about "no shopping cart" because I couldn't fathom such a big retailer not being online yet in Canada (particularly when they've been online for years in the US). I logged onto Walmart.ca and was shocked!
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,909
    Yes, Canada is in 3rd place here too.

The attached image may be of interest showing where visitors come from