You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

[US] Marvel Sets - Pre-Order on TRU

Comments

• andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    So, how much has TRU marked them up? The price per piece on some of these are really high, with TRU prices the Hulk Helicarrier Breakout (6868) comes in at $0.154 per piece.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,214
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm not impressed. I could skip them all.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,154
    It is funny to see how thrown together the sets are in a way just to get certain characters etc out. Wolverine's helicopter scene with deadpool and Magneto? Odd combination.
  • allendeanallendean Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the link. How did you find out about this?
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Why is Loki in the bed of a pickup truck? Kids these days...
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    First thoughts, "my minifig fever is taking a turn for the worse, all I can see is $22 for 3 figs plus spare bricks." Loving Deadpool/Magneto!

After I calmed down a bit, next thought was its going to be expensive to get Thor since he's in the 2 most expensive sets (also The Hulk).
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,422
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for the link. How did you find out about this?
    Just about every day I hit the following link to see what's new at TRU:
    http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&kw=lego&kwCatId=&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&s=A-ProductAge&origkw=lego&view=all

BTW, the City Alarm Game is available now too (although oddly does not qualify for the BOGO).
  • lilmonster777lilmonster777 Member Posts: 53
    My kid is jacked for these sets :)
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    Iron Man, Cap america, and Hulk are now in stock(Hero Factory robots),

• DonovansDadDonovansDad Member Posts: 19
    I tried the Glen Burnie Toys R Us tonight, no dice.... Hopefully they'll show up this week sometime...Lego store seems to be a firm date of April 8th
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm not impressed. I could skip them all.
    Agreed. They're better than the DC sets by a longshot... but that's not saying much. I'm just thankful the X-Men themed set is cheap.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 929
    I think I am going to need 50 Deadpool sets... that set is going to be awesome!!!
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264

Agreed. They're better than the DC sets by a longshot... but that's not saying much. I'm just thankful the X-Men themed set is cheap.
    I'm fairly new to the hobby but I've been enjoying the heck out of the DC sets that I've built. It's all new to me again now anyhow so maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I'm loving it though.

Batcave is loads of fun and Jokers Funhouse looks like a winner as well.

As for the Marvel sets, I'm a little underwhelmed. Will grab Wolverine and Hulks set but the rest don't really interest me all that much.... Until of course we see more on the Spidey set.

^ I agree that the DC sets are better, since vehicles are more iconic and I not so much a fan of movie adaptations, which the Marvels set are. At least most of the Avenger characters are true to the comic books, with the exception of Hawkeye. Two more weeks to Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes and Lego Marvel.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^Hawkeye - at least his movie design - is pretty much Ultimates accurate, but I have no real commitment to The Avengers, so I'm not concerned with his design here.

Meanwhile, I can't speak to the build of either sets of sets, but the DC sets just look flat-out uninspired and boring, and what I've seen of the Marvel sets seems to suggest they'll follow suit.

Given the lackluster quality of the actual models, it seems more than a little likely that the minifigs were the main draw behind this line. As I said, I'll get the X-Men themed set because it's cheap... but I'd have to think long and hard before shelling out any serious cash on these ho-hum offerings.
    ^ interesting I was not aware of the Ultimate Hawkeye design. I now do not hate his design as much...
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    edited March 2012
    ^Yeah, basically the Avengers line-up is based off of the Ultimate universe.
    The original line up was Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wasp and Ant-Man.

I'm hoping they'll continue the Marvel line to be more of the traditional main, Marvel comic's universe. Although the Hydra army and weapons, tanks, etc. from the Captain America movie would be very cool as figs and sets. Also Cap's Origin...with the chamber and the whole lab too.