Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

30% or more at Target store and Some discounts at Shopko

LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
edited April 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
I was at Target store earlier this afternoon. They had Lego 5974 Galactic Enforcer marked with 30% or more off the original price at $99.99 to 69.99. Same goes for Lego 4737 Harry Potter: Quidditch Match at 30% off. I got the Quidditch Match.

Then I went to Shopko store, they had almost 3/4 shelves full of Lego marked with price cuts, I bought two of the new Star Wars V-Wing Fighter with the droid Q2-R2 at 14.48 each. Most of the price cuts were between $5 to 15 dollars. Oh don't buy the minifigs from Shopko they're selling at insane price of $6 each. I was hoping the Ninjago Motorbike were also part of the price cut but no, it's selling at retail $19.99.

Go check them out.

Comments

• TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    In my personal experience at the Shopko here in Oshkosh- they tend to have much higher prices on Lego in general, and I have actually seen it where it appeared that they marked UP the sale items' regular price in order to put it on sale.
    With that said, I have occasionally found a deal there, but it really does help to be informed as to what is a normal list price.
  • LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
    I agree about Shopko. They tends to be higher price on bigger sets apart from the smaller sets which tends to be retail price. The Ninjago Turbo Shredder is about below retail price that Shopko sells them for $24.99 here
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Oshkosh... I'm just up the road in Appleton. Over the past few years, Shopko has been trying to act like Kohls, marking the items up an insane price and then having large sales. Every once in a while you'll find a great deal, but it is rare. Two years ago I picked up the City Corner at Shopko. They were selling it at MSRP, and then had a decent discount.

Right now the discount is 30% through this weekend, which results in a good deal if you can find one of the few items they haven't marked up as much.

Also, for the minifigs, they are one of the few places that is still selling Series 2, I found them in the Easter section. You might want to check the price, when I was there last weekend they were selling for $3, 50% off the marked price of $6.
  • mikeyobmikeyob Member Posts: 26
    I agree...I'm from Portage...30 min north of madison. Shopko is never worth the look.
  • tommyboatommyboa Member Posts: 35
    ditto in IL., ya have to wait for clearance time.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Just to confirm my earlier statements, good deals can be found at Shopko. One example is the Fire Station. Shopko's regular price is $80, which is $5 cheaper than Toys R Us. Coupled with the current 30% sale, I was able to pick up a second fire station for $56 which is a fantastic price.

Also, I can confirm that both Series 2 and Series 3 minifigures can be found at Shopko, and they are marked $6 but are currently 50% off for a price of $3 each. That's the same price every else is charging for Series 3, and isn't bad for Series 2 considering nobody else has them in stock any more.