Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Predictions on 2013 Themes / Sub-Themes / Sets/ Characters

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    YAY!!! Supes is coming back for more! Good job to TLG for winning the movie license. Can't wait to see some pics of what's to come.
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 88
    Following all the positive responses to the upcoming Haunted House, I reckon a Ghost Train (as in a carnival ride) could be seen in 2013. Just imagine cute little carts with scared looking Lego-citizens in them going for a ride.
    YAY!!! Supes is coming back for more! Good job to TLG for winning the movie license. Can't wait to see some pics of what's to come.
    Does anyone know the plot line for the upcoming Superman movie? Who are the villains this time?

• BustinBustin Member Posts: 287

Does anyone know the plot line for the upcoming Superman movie? Who are the villains this time?

I'm pretty sure it's a reboot again, this time darker like the latest Batman movies.
  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 450
    The new Superman movie villian is General Zod. A release of classic (Terence Stamp) Zod with Non and Ursa would be cool. They could have a small moon base plate area with moon landing craft and an Astronaut. Also the Phantom Zone glass with a transparent sticker showing them trapped pre-escape. All of these to represent the beginning of Superman II.
  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 450
    my head is spinning with ideas for Superman movie sets now

from Superman 4

-promo polybag Nuclear Man

from Superman 3
    -the villains plus Gus Gorman and their super computer plus Superman with acid can
    -evil superman vs clark with compactor/conveyor belt
    -promo polybag Gus Gorman with skis and blanket cape
    -military styled villains presenting Superman with Tar Kryptonite

from Superman 2
    -fortress of solitude plus conversion chamber. includes Superman with his one use only plastic chest net. 3 kryptonian villains, lex, lois and clark.
    -moon landing as above
    -metropolis street battle with marlboro truck (i can dream) and coca cola sign
    -daily planet building set including staff (perry, lois, clark and jmmy). alternate damaged window for street battle

from Superman 1
    -lois trapped in her car during earthquake with Superman to the rescue
    -Krypton set with Jor-el in court chamber, villains in Phantom zone glass, Kal-el's spacecraft, Kal-el's mother Lara, baby Kal-el in Superman cape/blanket
    -Ambulance Lex, Otis andTeschmacher with various military personnel hijacking the missiles
    -promo polybag broken train track with Superman sized gap and Superman minifig
    -promo polybag superman flying around the earth to reverse everything
    -daily planet rooftop building set including daily planet globe
    -helicopter with Lois in peril and Superman to the rescue. includes phone box street scene and Clark

• mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410

Basically a Reboot like @Bustin said. Russell Crowe plays Jor-El, who fights against General Zod (played by Michael Shannon), doesn't go well and sends his son Superman to Earth before Zod blows up Krypton. Zod comes looking for him eventually and leads to a showdown. What's interesting is how unfriendly Caville looks as Superman, this time he's not going to be the nice boyscout type.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I am going to have a hard time with this new Superman... No one else can be Superman but Christopher Reeve...

Superman 1/2 were as perfect as it gets, cheesey in places, so very 70's, anything new, bleah...
    ^Do you prefer Michael Keaton or Christian Bale as Batman?
    ^Do you prefer Michael Keaton or Christian Bale as Batman?
    Michael Keaton...
    And yes, I've seen them all. :)
    edited June 2012
    =) I think the previous generation of incarnations were truer to the original characters. The new versions are full of anger and guilt, wrestling with being the archetypical hero or the avenger. With that, they tend to be less charming characters with a smooth sense of humor one can easily identify with. Seen in Bond as well as the other superheroes.

With that said, I'm still looking forward to a new wave of Batman sets to compliment the Dark Knight Rises. As well as the single Spiderman Doc Ock Ambush set to go with Amazing Spiderman that's definitely around the corner.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,087
    Superman definitely needs a Fortress of Solitude set. Otherwise, you can place him in just about any other city or modular theme.
    Thanks for the info re: new Superman movie. I'd imagine Superman would be pretty upset about his family being killed, so an angry/avenging superman sounds plausible.

I was thinking, a nice little telephone booth, with a swinging pivot inside to change from Clark Kent into Superman, would be a nice affordable small Lego set.
  • duilimduilim Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2012
    With the recent Hobbit sets being revealed, it got me thinking about next year and what sets and characters I would like to see released. For me personally, I would love to see;

Super Heroes DC - Flash and Green Lantern on top of the already revealed figures at Comic Con.
    Super Heroes Marvel - more X-men please - Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm. I'd also love a Blackbird and Xavier's School which I'm hoping could be something along the lines of this years Haunted House set.

Star Wars - I think we're due for a new A wing and B wing since the last minifigure versions were released in 2006. Jabba's Sail Barge would be nice to go with this year's Jabba's palace and I wouldn't say no to a new MTT either. As you can see, I'm not a big Clone Wars fan.
    As for figures, I'd love for Lego to release a Coleman Kcaj/Trebor character as well as Stasse Alie so I can complete my Jedi council.

Lord of the Rings. I have to say that apart from the Bag End set, the other Hobbit sets don't really excite me. So I'm hoping for more Trilogy sets next year. I'd love some battle packs, similar to what Star Wars has, perhaps with Rohan Riders Vs Uruk Hai or Gondorian Soldiers Vs. Mordor Orcs. This could be a set for the $12.99 price point. For the $19.99 price point, Lego could do the "Seat of Seeing" at Amon Hen, with Boromir, Frodo and a couple of Uruk Hai. I'd also love to see a version of Elrond's House representing Rivendell, Meduseld (the Golden Hall of Rohan) and if possible (although this is a stretch) the Citadel of Minas Tirith which would all be around the $129.99 mark.

So what do you think? What would you like LEGO to release next year?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    As far as Star Wars goes, I expect to see a lot of Return of the Jedi sets to go along with the 30th anniversary. Personally, I'm hoping to see an Ewok village, the Emperor's throne room (I know this was already part of the Death Star, but I'd like to see a proper set in the $40-$60 range) and perhaps a few more components to Jabba's Palace. Redesigns of the sail barge, AT-ST, A-Wing, B-Wing and TIE Interceptor also seem likely. Though, really, I don't think any of those first four is SCREAMING for a redesign.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 32
    I would like a UCS Ventilator Class!
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 514
    The B-Wing is already UCS this year. I also would like to see more DC Justice League characters.
    What do you think the non-licensed themes will be this year? We had fire dept two years ago and police one year ago and forest ranger fire/police this year. Where will they patrol next? The water again? The desert? Or will they move back to secret agent stuff for next year and give police and fire a bit of a break? That would coincide with the new Bond movie (not as tie-in, of course, but a handy coincidence).
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 240
    On the Star Wars front I'd expect a few AOTC sets since it's meant to be getting a 3D rerelease next year (as TPM did this year).

And yes, I'd love a GL/Flash set, and another X-Men set. Wolverine's getting lonely.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,271
    On the SW side i have read elsewhere that rumours of a re-designed Star Destroyer from RoTJ (update of 6211 i guess) and a Royal Star ship from EP1 might be on the cards, but i really have no idea if that is just the internet being the internet or not, but they are two ships i would love to see. Jabbas Sail Barge and something Ewok Village related would be nice, the former being more likely than the latter as we have had a few Ewok sets over the last few years.
    On The Superheroes front the Arkham Asylum set that people seem to think is coming would be great but i would like to see some Justice League sets as well. Obviously some X-men stuff would be great.
    I would also like to see more Friends stuff next year, houses, shops, parks etc.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 3,743 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,341

I am going to have a hard time with this new Superman... No one else can be Superman but Christopher Reeve...

Superman 1/2 were as perfect as it gets, cheesey in places, so very 70's, anything new, bleah...

"You've got me me? Who's got you?"

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,574
    y2josh said:

As far as Star Wars goes, I expect to see a lot of Return of the Jedi sets to go along with the 30th anniversary.

I think this is a good call. I'd love glowing versions of the Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin minifigs from the final scene.
    edited July 2012
    I would love to have a Cantina set along the lines of the new Jabbas Palace. One medium set and add ons to make one large playset.

You could start with the bar and entry way to the Cantina. Minifigures could be Wuhur, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan and Luke and Obi wan.
    Add on sets could be the Modal Nodes (There are 7 including Figrin) and a buildable stage and backdrop and instruments. I wouldn't think all 7 would be included. Maybe later on they can release some sort if battle pack.
    edited July 2012
    Pitfall69 said:

Hmmm. Which Anakin?

For me, the old one (Sebastian Shaw). Just as I first saw it. I never really understood why they replaced him with Hayden Christensen but they didn't replace Alec Guinness with Ewan McGregor.

edited July 2012
    ^Yes, I would want old Anakin as well. How would they make the minifigures? Clear blue ABS? Other than the hairpiece, how would you know the difference between Obi Wan and Anakin? Would they print on the clear blue?

As far as Yoda is concerned, can Lego make a trans light blue head? The headpiece is rubber for a reason I would think.
    Yeah, it's probably impractical.

Thinner plastic with a blue LED inside would be cool - but a PITA if they are like the light saber models. Or maybe like the recent ghosts, but they are more green than blue.
    Yes, they could do them in the glow n the dark ABS
    I think clear trans light blue with very little printing would be the best.
    I just googled. You can get glow in the dark blue. Lego are you reading? Please. :-)
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    I want a Alien License, although it will never be done, just try and dream of a UCS XenoMorph :D

Or a LOST one...

Aside from my dreams, I would love a new Agent one to be done
    CCC said:

I just googled. You can get glow in the dark blue. Lego are you reading? Please. :-)

:)

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    Pitfall69 said:

Hmmm. Which Anakin?

you know Lucasfilm won't sign off on the original version, only the official, "corrected" version.

Maybe that's why we haven't had a proper Cantina scene? LEGO designers keep wanting to make Han shoot first...

^
    Offtopic: I hate the fact, other Directors release both versions, like Ridley Scott did with Alien and Blade Runner
    On topic, I would love to see that scene in a LEGO set, just imagine all the fire pieces you woukd get
    We all know Han shot first, it really isn't GL's fault that he is growing old and senile, clearly he was just mistaken.

So we can all overlook that. :)
    Yeah that smack on the head, really affected him :P
    CCC said:

Pitfall69 said:

Hmmm. Which Anakin?

For me, the old one (Sebastian Shaw). Just as I first saw it. I never really understood why they replaced him with Hayden Christensen but they didn't replace Alec Guinness with Ewan McGregor.

According to Lucas himself on the commentary, he thought it made more sense to have Hayden there because that's what he looked like the last time he was good. So apparently that moment of redemption at the end of Return of the Jedi never happened...

As someone above alluded to... I have no problem that he keeps tinkering. I have issues with the fact that I can't watch the versions from my childhood without breaking out the VHS copies.
    y2josh said:

According to Lucas himself on the commentary, he thought it made more sense to have Hayden there because that's what he looked like the last time he was good. So apparently that moment of redemption at the end of Return of the Jedi never happened...

Agree. I thought the point of that scene was that there was just a little bit of good inside Darth Vader after all, willing to defy the emperor and protect his son.
    I hate the "Han vs. Greed" controversy. It's ridiculous. Han says "Over my dead body" and Greed says "That's the point" and clearly was going to kill Han. Han has to shoot first!!! I'm tired of this crazy political correctness. Ok...I'm not going to go into a rant, so I'll stop there.

• Legofanatic2414Legofanatic2414 Member Posts: 37
    Personally, I'd love to see the revival/return of the Johnny Thunder/Adventurers sets from the 90's. Sure, Indiana Jones was sort of a replacement, but nothing beats the awesome battles between Thunder and Sinister. A revival would be lovely....
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,533
    Was thinking about whether Monster Fighters is a 'one and done' theme (like PQ). I guess it can depend on whether a line is successful. But personally I can't think of any more new 'classic' monsters that they could create sets around.

Personally, I'd love to see the revival/return of the Johnny Thunder/Adventurers sets from the 90's. Sure, Indiana Jones was sort of a replacement, but nothing beats the awesome battles between Thunder and Sinister. A revival would be lovely....

Along these lines, I'd like to see Indy come back, even if it was just so I could get sets based off of the Canyon of the Crescent Moon and the Mark VII. I'm not at all sure how they missed the Mark VII (similarly to how I have no idea how it took 13 years to get around to the rancor).
  • fyrmedhattfyrmedhatt Member Posts: 128
    I did take notice of a few thing listening to the Lego officials during Brickfiesta earlier this month. While complete speculation, the western theme kept coming up, so maybe there will be one next year.

They also mentioned the cyclicity of themes, how themes repeat, and Atlantis and Kingdoms/Castle were obvious examples mentioned, however the third example was Vikings. Whether that means there will be another Vikings theme we won't know, but it could be a slip up...
  • Legofanatic2414Legofanatic2414 Member Posts: 37
    y2josh said:

Along these lines, I'd like to see Indy come back, even if it was just so I could get sets based off of the Canyon of the Crescent Moon and the Mark VII. I'm not at all sure how they missed the Mark VII (similarly to how I have no idea how it took 13 years to get around to the rancor).
    Woah, were there 2 Indy movies I missed? O_0
    ^Nope. Those sets would both be from The Last Crusade (which was woefully underrepresented in the original run).
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 667
    edited July 2012
    The first half of 2013 retailer catalog is out there. Can't be too long before pictures are leak to Flickr. Technic will see a racecar, a wreckage truck, a dump truck and a motocross bike.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 480
    edited July 2012
    catching the most recent episode of Ninjago, looks like we could see both the city line and Pirates line move into a Ninjago direction. There were some neat cars shown in the episode Pirates Vs. Ninja.

Also, seems like the Pirates line might merge with Ninjago. as stated earlier in the thread, Lego is searching for a larger Asian market, and the Pirates in the cartoon were certainly asian. Also, the main pirate bared a very strong resemblance to the pirate in the series 8 CMF series.
  • CrozlowCrozlow Member Posts: 4
    I'm thinking about expanding on world city and city. You have hospital, police, fire, port/ mini Harbour, airport/space port. Maybe have bus station or some housing, or corner stores, maybe a tavern or govt building. Make it like a city.