Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Seasonal Set Availability on S@H

cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 792
edited July 2012 in Everything else LEGO
Has Lego discontinued the Winter Village sets as i cannot find them on Lego.com?

Comments

• SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 536
    I'm certain the Winter Toy Shop has been discontinued, not sure about the others.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 3,743 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,309
    They might be seasonal. I'm sure The Bakery and Post Office will be back this holiday season.
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 681
    As seasonal products they seem to be only available at certain times of the year, however the LDC in Manchester does have the Bakery in stock at full RRP.
  • ChoochChooch Member Posts: 148
    I picked up the Toy Shop from BrickLink and TRU still had the Bakery & Post Office just 2 weeks ago. The Wife decided she wanted them for this Xmas....
    I remember the Winter Toy Shop disappearing after its initial release, then reappearing for the Holiday Season, then being discounted after Christmas...then gone.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ It actually did this twice. Was available 2009 holiday season, then disappeared (resale prices jumped to $130-$150), then reappeared 2010 holiday season, then disappeared, then reappeared 2011 holiday season, and now disappeared.
  • davewizdavewiz Member Posts: 6
    Having not gotten it this past holiday season, I picked up the Post Office for 20% off at the LEGO Store in Cincinnati last week. The discount makes me wonder what its fate will be.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,330
    Post office should be around for awhile, but it always seemed over priced and not as nice as either the toyshop or bakery.

More to the point, when will we see pictures of the next one, must be soon!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    What are the chances 10199 will be back this Christmas?
    11/01/2012

Dear LEGO® Fan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the availability of the Winter Toy Shop.

It's always great to hear from loyal LEGO® fans, but I'm afraid we don't make or sell Winter Toy Shop any more. I know this is disappointing to you as you wanted to add it to your LEGO collection. We apologize for the frustration this has caused you.

Our team of experts in Denmark invent new LEGO toys every year. They spend their time trying to find new and fun toys that are even better than classic sets. The shelves aren't big enough to hold everything so sometimes we have to stop making a few of the older sets.

It's always possible that you'll find Winter Toy Shop in a high-street toy shop or on the internet. If you'd like any suggestions as to where LEGO sets are sold, feel free to give us a call or drop us an email.

Alternatively, I hope one of our many new LEGO toys will inspire the LEGO fans in your house. To have a look through the hundreds of sets and toys, go to www.LEGOshop.com and see what grabs you! We can also send you a catalogue, or you could call us for free on 00800 5346 2222. All of our advisors are huge LEGO fans, and are always happy to help you find something that'll fit the bill!

We always love to hear your points of view, so I'll be passing your interest in Winter Toy Shop onto the design team. You never know, some of the old favourites might make a comeback!

Thanks again for getting in touch.
    I figure The Bakery will be around again this Christmas and then heavily discounted in January...then maybe gone for good. The Post office will be around this year and then probably gone the following Christmas-January.
  • tvihtvih Member Posts: 92
    @tom4086, that's just a standard reply and doesn't necessarily mean anything. Sadly the people who respond to support emails don't seem to exactly be "in the know" about product status stuff, as evidenced by the nearly identical reply to my query about Kingdoms Chess when it first went "sold out" in Europe.
    ^ Oh! I thought they were actually in the know and that was actual confirmation. Oh well...
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,353
    The Winter TS is gone...end of story. The question is: What will they replace it with? There's another thread somewhere discussing potential replacements that's a good read...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,796
    What are the chances 10199 will be back this Christmas?
    Strong. It's less appealing then WTS. Plenty available I'd think. If Lego will continue this series, we should get an update on the next set within 4 weeks.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,796
    ??? 10199 is WTS...
    Sorry I thought 10199 was the Bakery. That's what I meant. There is a 0.00000001% chance WTS is available this Xmas. I have every reason to believe Bakery is on sale BF, retired by January 2013. Repeat of WTS.
    Ordered #10199 off eBay a few days ago as missed out last Christmas. Arrived today, was really worried the box would be bashed but its minty mint :) Very happy.