Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Different wall thicknesses on bricks

beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
edited July 2012 in Everything else LEGO
So, I just picked up the Pink Box (4625) so I could get some of the nice coloured pieces to expand my collection and I was messing with some purple-coloured arches (1 x 4) and an arched window. I popped one into an arch and it held just fine and so I picked up another and the arch just fell loose. Puzzling I thought so I examined the arch and while the 2 square bits at either end are the same thickness, the plasic of the arch part (middle 2 studs) are noticably thinner, enough to stop the stud on top of the arched window from taking hold.

I went and found all the 1 x 4 arches, 6 in the box, and the others are all fine.

Having a look at them, the one that is problematic has an underscore on a number inside them - you know, the 1-07 type number.

Is this common? I mean for the brick walls to be actually thinner. It's really not going to make a big difference but it could affect some types of building techniques. I figure that if the moulds were all made the same this shouldn't happen, right?

Comments