I had shared this image in the 2016 accomplishments thread, although I didn't give @henrysunset his due credit. These labels are amazing! He's done 90% of the work and packaged them into a super easy to use format. I'm so grateful you've shared them with us!
I purchased 8 60 Drawer units locally here in Canada from Canadian Tire (Mastercraft brand), giving me 480 drawers. I only Purchased these because the much more desirable Akro-Mills were outside my price range locally. I also Purchased a Brother PTD450 P-Touch Label printer and 2 rolls of 12mm white generic P-Touch compatible Tape.
It took me about a week of evenings to print, cut, and apply the labels. Then I started slowly moving my various sorted bricks into each bin.
I keep all my basic 1xX and 2xX bricks and plates in the ArtBin Super Satchel organizers on a 15" deep Ikea Billy Bookcase on the right of the photo. I also currently have all my technic in super satchels as well.
The drawers house almost every other element that's smaller than a drawer. When a drawer gets filled I would divide out monochrome from color. If I had 100's of 1 element I would remove all but a couple then put those into storage away from my build space but made note in the drawer that I have x more of that color in storage.
When applying the labels I used the full width of the four bins ignoring the different cabinets, I generally kept modified plates on the left and modified bricks on the right trying to leave a couple empty drawers in the centre for expansion.
480 got the majority of my collection organized, but I did run out of space near the end and have a couple more drawer units hidden by the bookcase. But hey it's forever a work in progress.